Thai Zucchini Noodle Salad
- 2 medium zucchini that have been cut into noodles with a spiralizer
- 1 cup finely chopped kale
- 1 medium bell pepper, seeded, and thinly sliced
- 1 medium ripe mango, peeled, seeded and diced
- cup snow peas, thinly sliced lengthwise
- 1/4 cup toasted, sliced almonds (optional)
- 2 tbsps chopped fresh mint
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, warmed for about 15 seconds in the microwave so it is liquid. (The liquid takes up a smaller volume, about 1/3 cup)
- 1/3 cup water
- 3 cloves garlic, minced or finely grated (more if you really like garlic, like me)
- 1 1 inch piece of fresh ginger root, peeled and finely grated
- 2 tbsps apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 pinch of crushed red pepper flakes (optional. We use dried roasted New Mexico chiles)
- sea salt to taste
In a large bowl, combine the zucchini noodles (which you will need to break up into lengths to suit you; they will be pretty long), bell pepper, kale, mango, peas, almonds (if using) and mint.
In a separate bowl, whisk together the (warmed) coconut oil, water, garlic, ginger, vinegar, lime juice, sesame oil and crushed red pepper flakes (if using).
Add the dressing to the bowl with the vegetables and toss to coat. Add the sea salt to taste. This may be served immediately, but I prefer to chill it in the fridge for a few hours. It may be kept in the fridge overnight as well.