Cart 0 items: $0.00

Aridus Wine Co

2016 Viognier

2016 Viognier

We sourced the fruit for our 2016 Viognier from New Mexico Vineyards located in the Mimbres Valley, New Mexico. The fruit arrived at the winery on August 18th, 2016. The fruit was de-stemmed and pressed immediately. After chilling, settling, and racking, we inoculated with D47 on August 23rd. It was one of our longest fermentations lasting a total of 20 days. After chilling and settling, we racked to barrel and allowed malolactic fermentation to proceed halfway before stopping the conversion. This was barreled into 19% stainless steel and the remaining 81% in new French oak. The wine remained in barrel for 15 months before being transferred to tank and bottled.

This Viognier has a rich, creamy mouth-feel with intriguing aromas and flavors of bay leaf, ginger, grilled grapefruit, stone fruit, and white cherry. Soft and lightly oaky, this Viognier stands as a stunning example of what can be achieved with this variety in the high altitudes of the American southwest.

PURCHASE HERE

Custom Select Members -
Make Your Selections HERE

In Stock
Add To Cart
$36.00
 
SKU: 2016 Viognier
Wine Specs
Vintage
2016
Varietal
Viognier
Appellation
Arizona/Cochise County
Vineyard Designation
New Mexico Vineyards
Harvest Date
8/18/2016
Acid
6.6 g/L
pH
3.65
Aging
estimated 18 months
Fermentation
20 days
Bottling Date
TBD
Alcohol %
14.7
Wine Profile
Tasting Notes
This Viognier has a nice really rich, oily mouth-feel of vanilla, banana, citrus, mandarin orange and grilled pineapple with a nice lemon-golden hue.
Production Notes
We sourced the fruit for our 2016 Viognier from New Mexico Vineyards in Mimbre Valley, New Mexico on August 18th, 2016. The fruit was de-stemmed and pressed immediately. Started fermentation on August 23rd. It was one of our longest fermentations lasting a total of 20 days. It was then transferred to barrel and let go 50% through malolactic fermentation. It is still currently in barrel. It was then blended with a small amount from Juan Alba’s Vineyard in the stainless steel barrel. This Viognier will be bottled sometime in February 2018, aging for a total of 18 months. This was put into 19% stainless steel barrel and the remaining 81% in new French oak.
Other Notes
Estimated 320 cases will be produced
Product Reviews
Add A Product Review
E-Mail me when someone reviews this product
Leave this field blank: